Some interesting but little known stuff about nutrition, learned about by reading a lot of nutrition books, hopefully you like it? If you have questions don't be afraid to ask.
"10 things you probabaly don't know about food"
Glenn Hill Fitness
1. Protein less absorbed calories than carbs, the thermic cost of protein is roughly 30% compared to carbs around 10%. So for your body to absorb protein it uses two to three times as many calories than carbs.
2. A glass of fresh orange juice often has more sugar than a can of coke.
3. Eating 5 small meals a day is better for weight loss and fitness than 3 normal meals.
4. Cereals are all high in sugar and are the wrong thing to eat, especially for breakfast. Terrible for our bodies hormones, especially for insulin - providing with us with unstable energy causing highs and lows causing over eating and poor health.
5. You should be eating protein with every meal especially breakfast.
6. Avoiding breakfast is the best way to put on weight and get fat, sumo wrestlers always avoid breakfast in order to have a starvation response and over eat later on in the day.
7. Fibrous vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli are less digestable than starchy veg like potatoes. This means the same size portion of fibrous vegetables has way less calories than its starchy counterparts.
8. A good macronutrient ratio for weight loss with training is 40% carbs - 40% protein and 20% fat. Using my fitness pal app can help with a percentage piechart of nutirnts eaten.
9. Being relaxed before and during meals is almost as important as what you eat. If you are stressed or rush your food not only will you be washing your healthy food down with the fat storing hormone cortisol, you will be in the wrong nervous system (sympathetic) which doesnt allow for proper nutrient absorbtion, repair and growth.
10. Eating in the golden hour, eating within 30 minutes of training is the best way to replace lost energy fuel and repairing damaged muscle. Eating too much after the golden hour can lead to storing food as fat.
Hopefully some of these tips here can be useful
As a final thought, search online for " how to eat like a sumo wrestlers" you may find that some of your eating habits are causing your problems.
Glenn(eats nothing like a sumo wrestler) Hill
LADIES AT LEISURE GYM IN CHESTER LE STREET
10 thing you won,t know about nutrition - chester le street - 01913874222
TOUGH MUDDER 2013