PT|Chester le Street|Bannatynes 07983570574
If you are on this list, dont worry there are exceptions “NOT LOADS THOUGH”.
- PROCRASTINATION: If i had a pound for every potential client, friend or gym member that has said “ i dont really have the time now, i will be able to fully commit or start this training when___insert excuse_______. I am off on the school holidays, when my work routine changes, when my partner is back from being away, after my holidays. Speaking from experience its all CRAP, start today or the next couple of days or it just WONT happen for you. You see there will always be another excuse, think of it this way: the procrastination is the main reason that you are overweight as you procrastinated over buying the pedal bike, getting the weights, buying healthy food, going for a walk or run, sorting your life out.
If Macdonalds did motivational quotes: “JUST THINK ABOUT DOING IT”
2. NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY: This could be the number one reason for always
failing at an exercise or healthy eating plan. I am not the only personal trainer that listens
keenly during an initial assessment for someone to take full responsibility for their own
issues. If i hear "its because of the kids, working hours, husband or wife buys the wrong
food, been lots going on or dont have the time” i soon realise that training them will be
just like flogging a dead horse.
If you blame others for your issues, when your training or eating healthy becomes a
pain (and it will) you can just give up because you can conveniently pass the buck/blame.
I have trained some very very busy people with loads going on with family and work, they
litterally had a spaire 30 minutes each day and they still got fit and healthy because they
prioritised and took full responsibility for themselves.
I ONLY TAKE CLIENTS THAT TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY.
3. FULLY COMMITING : Tracking down a PT on Facebook when you are
drunk and feeling sorry for yourself and booking a PT consultation isnt the best way.
If you are really serious about changing the way you feel and look you would should
search and find the phone number for the Personal Trainer/Gym and book in properly.
If you provide all of your contact details including phone and email then you are much
more commited than just sending a Facebook Message.
Changing your life is a big deal with lots to consider so sending a FB message probably
isn’t the best idea. Hopefully you wouldn’t just text when you unable to work because
of sickness (unless you are very unprofessional) so actually speaking to a person to help
with your health is the best way.
If you dont provide means of contact, phone and email then you must not want to be
contactable when you dont show up.
Training with a Personal Trainer and then eating and doing what you want in your spare
time isn’t fully committing to yourself the PT or the plan. Also saying that you are too
unwell to leave the house or attend fitness and then checking in at a Pub Restaurant isnt
being fully committed either.
4. LAZYNESS: Being Lazy is a misconception about people that are overweight, however
some people are lazy or more concisely are not willing to work hard enough to change
their mind or body. An example of this is when arranging to consult about Personal
Training and only meeting at your house or a location 1 minute from your work. For most
people this doesn’t necessarily mean they are lazy, that being said i have had a few no-
shows and tyre kickers by now that expect everything to be done at their home or nearby.
During the workouts only putting in half your effort will only provide half the results, this I
have seen countless times. Now I understand that it takes practice, determination, better
Neural signaling, balance and countless other things to be able to really push yourselves
hard and safely. Still some individuals just think attendance will provide results WRONG.
- Some people that have failed in exercise and nutrition may have notice one or more of the above habits in themselves, dont worry though because even if you have failed a number of times you can still succeed at whatever you conceive and believe.
- If you dont believe yet, find someone who can help you believe...even a friend.
- Lets start by not PROCRASTINATING find who or what you need and start something NOW.
- Take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the way you look and blame yourself or you wont move forward.
- What ever you decide to do in your life FULLY COMMIT and dont be half hearted or you wont achieve your dreams.
- Please dont be a LAZY bugger, people that are lazy are less successful, less happy and don’t have the quality of life of energetic go getters. Follow the great advice from Nike and “just do it”.
There is no need to fail and there is always someone there to help, friends, family or a professional.
If you would like a professional look at your health drop me a line for National Award Shortlisted Personal Training.