Health benefits of rebounding
Rebounding is something I heard about recently and something that I have started to do myself daily. Whats it all about and why did I start rebounding?
Rebounding is basically jumping up and down on a small trampoline where you may just jump up to 6 inches high.
Why should you Rebound
Often exercises are industry led fads, however this time this comes direct from NASA and the findings that rebounding can be twice as effective as treadmill running. Initially used as rehab for astronauts returning from zero gravity.
- Taking away impact, each joint has a similar impact and g-force therefore removing the chance of injuries.
- The work out put oxygen where considerably higher rebounding than running, meaning more benefit with less exertion on the heart.
- Increasing lymph activity, transporting immune cells, detoxification and injury repair.
- Effecting every cell including mitochondrial function increasing energy.
- Great for skeletal system and increasing bone mass.
- Improving balance by stimulating the vestibular system.
- Potentially supporting the thyroid and adrenals.
One study found that those that rebounded for 30 seconds between weight lifting sets saw 25% more improvement after 12 weeks than those that did not.
Why did I get a Rebounder
Because of my nature and my expertise I tend to attract more and more interesting clients with real difficulties and problems. This is great, I love a challenge and love to help where other people have failed.
I have a very senior client, who I have been helping return to health and helping him walk by using techniques derived from NLP, Kinesiology, BodyMap, AMN and Sports Massage. Tapping, rubbing, eye movements, pressure points, cross crawl and neuro lympathic massage points along with exercise. I am hoping that incorporating the rebounder with other clever techniques and homework will really improve my clients function.
At the end of the day, we are all experimenting and thankfully some of the things I have tried have had an amazing effect with my wonderfull tribe.
If you would like some more information or help with complicated issues or Personal Training in County Durham, get in touch today!! 07983570574