Coach Glenn talking about another little thing that he uses to help his clients acheive their goals and making habit building much much easier.
Weight loss and becoming fit is easy for some and nearly impossible for others. Generally a long process removing unwanted fat and replacing it with lean muscle and a faster metabolism.
What my clients currently receive when they start:
- ebooks on metabolism/motivation/alcohol/healthy recipes
- Online App with exercises, nutrition plan, health video tips, before/afters
- A 30 minute nutrition consultation with local Nutritionist Pam Rae
- Motivational T-shirts
- Full Body MOT using BodyMap and Applied Movement Neurology
- One of these amazing “Flip-Bands” this is what the blog is about - you can get one at the bottom of the page!!!
What I noticed in my work is that most people never really form a good exercise or healthy eating habit and thats why most of the exercise or fitness regimes don’t work long term. Yes they might start a get fit at forty campaign and last a couple of weeks, but most aren’t still training 6 months later.
This is a huge problem, and why forming a habit comes in really important, because a habit is something that happens autonomously or without really thinking about. When an exercise or healthy eating habit is formed the whole process becomes a lot easier and more enjoyable.
I found some evidence on a large study regarding habit building, according to this study easier habits like drinking water daily could be ingrained around the 21 day point, however tougher exercise habbits like doing sit ups before bed took some people between 50 and 85 days to become a habit.
Frustrating for those who want a quick fix but at least its good to know that even the most stubborn can build a habit eventually.
This is why my secret weapon “THE FLIP BAND” is so useful for people trying to lose weight or get themselves in shape.
After attending a NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programing) Course I realised that you cant fix the body without fixing the mind and the power of anchoring an item to a physical state or action.
Thats why i got the Flip Bands, first UK PT using these!
I have been using these bands now for nearly two months and they are beyond amazing, some people look at the simplicity and cant see the benefits or practicle applications. These are only the individuals that are not using them.
What is it?
The flip side is green with a discreet tick on it. The idea is you can’t flip your band until you have completed your daily goal.
for example: you are trying to lose weight you could give yourself a goal of completing 5 minutes of exercise every day and drinking 5 glasses of water. Honestly from then on you will always complete your goal.
You see you will have a visual and kinesthetic anchor on your wrist, a constant reminder to complete your goal. Until your goal is completed you can’t flip your band, and you just wont lie to yourself and flip it “i have tried”.
Try going to bed without flipping your band, nope its almost impossible. My clients tell me stories of them getting back out of bed to complete their fitness goals “AWESOME”.
During the last 5-6 weeks of using my band I have not flipped it just three times and only because alcohol was involved, This means for the duration I have only failed my exercise goal 3 times. “pretty clever”
The months prior to using the band my failure of daily goal adherence would be 6-9 times or more.
The only people that these bands are not working for are the indivuals that take them off for bed or work. They have to stay on all of the time to work effectively, take them off and you dont have a constant reminder to complete your goal and you will forget to put it back on.
OTHER PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
- Medical issue: a reminder to take perscriptions, blood pressure and medicine.
- Health reminder: to take krill oil, vitamins, minerals, water, green tea etc.
- Muscle building: reminder to take your supplements or work your body part.
- Mindset: a reminder to spend time outside each day to clear the mind fog.
- Expanding your business: speaking to another person about your buisness daily.
- Bettering yourself: helping somebody else every day.
- Learning a new skill: practicing the skill everyday like hand stands or double unders.
- Social Media, Google domination and marketting: blogging each day or tinkering with your site or page.
GOALS, make sure they are:
- time based
This list is actually endless, the power of these little bands isnt to be underestimated. I am thinking of starting to utilize one on each wrist, one for business growth and one for fitness and health.
So if you like the idea, or if you have a friend who you would like to help order a flip band today. You can order from below or grab them at a discounted £8 in Bannatynes Riverside.
Want to own one?
Glenn(NEVER FAILING AT GOALS) Hill
my next blog is all about Personal Trainers who are internet or Facebook trolls