Last week was pretty quiet too as i was away on course during three of the days.
- One of my clients was going away on holiday soon but due to all of the recent plane incidents she was anxious and worried. Rather than warming up we did some work trying to remove the irrational fear by going into a trance like state and informing the subconscious mind there is nothing to worry about. After that she felt as though she could deal with the journey we done some light exercise.
- Another couple of clients (kids) dont get out and about into the countryside often, so we ran and mountain biked in Beamish woods working on techniques. Its incredible how hard you will work if you are having fun.
- When a number of clients arrived for their sessions stressed and tired this week i used an anchoring technique replacing the state of feeling tired or stressed with a feeling of being energised even before starting our session. How cool is that, it doesnt matter how tired you are if you can change your physical state in a couple of minutes.
- Booking up and providing a great goal for my younger clients of doing the Tough Mudder in Yorkshire in August, often when a client has a goal that they have paid for and can’t get out of they will make the mental changes necessary to facilitate the physical change they require. They will get fit as they need that fitness to complete the event, and the byproduct will be the positive shape change.
- Being there to see one of my clients complete one of his mid term goals of completing a Park Run 5KM. Only a few months ago unable to run after receiving a number of limiting injuries later on in life. He is setting new bigger goals every day, well done you.
- During my NLP course in Northallerton in between our study periods a female student told me that she hadn’t been able to touch her toes in years. So by deploying a quick breathing exercise, eye movement, body self rub and neck pull which just took 3 minutes she touched her toes. Breath taking and simple with a big, big result for her”awesome”.
- Informing a few older clients and potential clients of the simple truths of what they need to achieve in order to lose weight in the later years. So actually talking about 30 years of age and older, losing muscle every year results in a reduced metabolic rate or not using as many calories whilst still eating the same amount. So number one thing is to slow down or turn around this sarcopenia(muscle wastage) by throwing some weights around. SIMPLES..
I think i am the only BodyMap and NLP Personal Trainer in County Durham, so if you need any real changes in your mind to allow your body to get the results needed.
So a really mellow week by my standards but still making some big moments and helping my clients achieving long term goals that they previously thought they would never achieve.
I have a few day time slots available if you are someone that would like help achieving your goals and you are off during the day....PERFECT.
Glenn (BodyMap-NLP) Hill