Why should i train on holiday-
Personal Trainer Durham..Glenn Hill (07983570574)
This constant yoyo dieting can only negatively effect our metabolisms and make exercise & healthy eating seem like torture. We already have the difficulty of shedding the UK average of 6-8lb of Cristmas flab every year. It has been proven time and time again that the best way to REMAIN fit and healthy is steady continuous exercise and eating real food.
So little (holidays) exercise breaks abusing our bodies for 7-14 days 3 or four times a year just leads to unhealthy diets, unhappiness, binges and a slower metabolism in the end, which can sometimes lead to metabolic syndrome later on in life. (metabolism which loses the ability to function well, storing and holding onto excess fat).
I have heard about the odd fitness instructor advising clients to “just chill” on holiday and do nothing but drink and eat. An amazing way to undo previous good work, slow down the metabolism, curtail healthy habits and create the potential of stopping exercise completely through procrastination.
In my opinion maintaining exercise whilst you are on holiday is the best way of building and continuing with a healthy fitness habit.
These days myself and my partner Helen exercise whilst on holiday and this is what we noticed, this is also why I thorougly recommend training on holiday to my clients....
Exercise on a summer holiday benefits
- You dont stress about holiday weight gain, so in the end the holiday is more relaxing. If you exercise daily-ish you can come back fitter, even after drinking and eating excess.
- You notice more of the resort and find the best places, when we have run and cycled on our hols (hired bikes) we have found bars, restaurants and other attractions we would have other wise missed, and its great for topping up your tan.
- Every day food and drink tastes better, because you feel great after some morning cardio.
- You dont feel as bloated and build up a good appetite for breakfast.
- When you are feeling tired during your running or cycling workout you can take in the lovely scenery and maybe get some nice holiday snaps “selfies”.
- You dont get that horrible, “just back off holiday and feeling like crap feeling” because you have gained loads of excess fat. In fact you get back to work and back to exercise feeling pretty good and refreshed. You wont be saying “i need another holiday to recover from this holiday”
- Everything we do is based around habits, you can’t form a habit if you keep having breaks during the habit forming time. An exercise free holiday will stop your fitness habit, meaning you are back to square one again after the holiday.
- Due to the extras calories used during daily exercise, if needed you can eat and drink more without feeling guilty.
Keep up your healthy exercise habit on holiday and have a much better holiday experience and come back feeling fab and not flabby.
Thanks for reading.. if you would like any advice on health & fitness on or off your holiday just text on 07983570574
- Twice National Award Shortlisted Personal Training
- NLP practitioner & counselling
- Kinesiology muscle testing practitioner
- Nervous system fixes BodyMap practitioner
- Sports Massage & rehab, Including skeletal screen
- Adventure activities and fitness events